Bitdegree, UAB, legal entity code 304617863, address Vytenio g. 9-106, Vilnius, Lithuania (hereinafter referred to as the Company) commits to ensure the security of visitors personal data and protection of rights when visitors use and navigate the Company's website www.upwisy.com (hereinafter referred to as the Website).
All personal data are processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, Law on the Legal Protection of Personal Data of the Republic of Lithuania and other legal acts.
Personal data provided on or through the Website are managed and controlled by the Company.
Each time Visitor access or visits our Website, our Website automatically collects and manages the following technical personal data:
- IP address;
- Date and time of access;
- the name and URL of the webpage that connects to the Website;
- Visitor’s device operating system data;
- information of the Visitor's internet provider;
- Visitor’s geo-location data, language settings;
- Other relevant technical information.
Without collection and processing of the said information website’s operation may not be ensured.
The Company may also collect and process other personal data of the Visitor, provided on its own initiative by e-mail or another information system available on the Website. Such personal data may include:
- Visitor's name, surname;
- contact information (telephone, e-mail address, home address);
- other personal information, i.e. image, passport, linkedin account and etc., identifying the Visitor;
- content of the request, report, complaint or any other relevant message.
The main purpose of the processing of personal data is to enable efficient, optimal and adapted use of the Website for the personal needs of the Visitor. Personal data is used:
- for convenient, efficient and functional use of the Visitors’ needs;
- to ensure smooth administration of the Website;
- to ensure functionality of the Website;
- to ensure timely and appropriate processing of Visitor’s queries, requests, and replies;
- to contact Visitor regarding any information he/she provides;
- to enable the Company to perform statistical and other analysis by continuously improving the content of the Website and the services provided by the Company;
- for other purposes disclosed to the Visitor at the time of submitting personal data.
The Company also handles and processes your personal data for direct marketing purposes in the following cases:
- when you obtain your explicit consent to such processing (the basis for the processing is consent);
-when you are the Company’s client without expressly objecting to processing your data for direct marketing purposes, marketing of similar services, where the client has been duly notified of such processing beforehand (the basis of the processing is the legitimate interest of the Company).
For the purposes of direct marketing, the Company processes the following personal data: your name, email address, phone number.
Your personal data for direct marketing purposes can be processed in the following ways:
- you may receive a newsletter with our offers, promotions, products and news by e-mail;
- you may be called by phone with invitation, proposal or offer.
We inform you that you are free to opt out of our newsletters at any time. You can do this by clicking on a link for that purpose at the bottom of our e-mail with the newsletters.
You may at any time refuse to receive information about events or any other information from us by sending an email to [email protected]
On our websites you may submit your data to join our team (you can do it here: upwisy.com/careers).
We inform you that we will process your personal data for the purposes of the recruitment based on your consent, expressed by submitting this data, and we will store such submitted information until the end of a specific job offer or recruitment, unless you specifically agree with the longer storage periods.
Please note that in order to evaluate your candidacy, we may contact the former employers about your qualifications, professional skills and business characteristics. We can ask you for such information from your current employer only with your own consent.
Personal data collected through the Website will be stored for no longer than 3 years.
Your personal data processed for the purposes of direct marketing will be stored for 2 years from the date of the consent (if you have received a separate consent) or the date of completion or expiration of the relevant contract.
Longer periods of personal data retention may be applied where:
- there is a reasonable suspicion of an unlawful act which subject to investigation;
- Visitor’s data is necessary for the proper resolution of the dispute, complaint or claim;
- the Company has received complaints related to the Visitor or if the Company has noticed any violations committed by the Visitor;
- it is necessary for back-up copies or related purposes of functioning of information systems of the Company;
- it is mandatorily required by applicable laws.
Your personal data will be destroyed within a reasonable time after the specified deadline
The Company controls and processes Visitor's personal data:
- on the basis of consent, which is expressed by Visitor’s active actions, e.g. referrals to the Company and submission of personal data, other active actions;
-exercise of the Company’s legitimate interests (for example, managing and administering a Website, etc.);
- in order to comply with other legal obligations.
Visitors may revoke their consent to process their personal data at any time. If the Company has no other legal basis for the processing of personal data, the Company will cease processing of personal data immediately after the cancellation / revocation of the consent provided by the Visitor.
The Company does not transfer Visitors personal data to any third parties without prior Visitor’s consent, except as described below.
In the light of investigations or other cases provided by law, personal data may be submitted to the law enforcement, judicial or pre-trial institutions without any specific consent of the Visitor.
In addition, particular technical data pertaining to the Visitors’ visits on the Website (such as IP address, data collected or placed on the devices of the Visitors by the cookies, technical information of the browser, other information related to Visitor’s browsing activities, etc.) may be transferred or made available to the entities in the EEA as well as outside the EEA (e.g., we use the Google Analytics service) for the purposes related to statistics, analysis and other related purposes. Please note that the personal data in non-EU countries may be subject to less protection than the EU. The Company will carefully assess the conditions under which such data will be processed and stored after transfer to the above entities.
The Company also uses the services provided by third parties (such as third-party data centres, servers, website design, administration services, online traffic and website analysis, statistics, direct marketing services, etc.) that may require access to the Visitor's personal data to the appropriate extent. In this case, the Company ensures that the data processors comply with the obligations of confidentiality and adequate personal data protection.
At the special notice before the courses, the data could be also provided to other third parties.
Visitors have certain rights related to the protection of their personal data. These rights are:
- the right of access to the personal data;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure (right to be forgotten);
- the right to restriction of processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object;
- the right to delete scholarship application;
- in case the Visitor deems that his/her rights have been violated, he/she has the right to file a complaint to the State Data Protection Inspectorate, A. Juozapavičius st. 6, LT-09310 Vilnius, tel. (8 5) 271 2804, 279 1445, e-mail: [email protected]
By implementing appropriate technical and organizational measures, the Company protects Visitor's personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration.
The Company recommends that the Visitors comply with the following minimum safeguards for their personal data protection:
- do not visit suspicious websites;
- create strong non-repetitive passwords for websites;
- update their software and anti-virus protection as recommended by software providers and vendors.
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with the Company and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the Company, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal data for as long as you are a user of the Company.
For example, we keep your course performance and account information. Upon your request, we will delete or anonymise your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- Where we need to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
To delete your account, contact our support through live support chat or write to e-mail: [email protected] , requesting your account deletion and our team will handle your request within 7 working days.